What is LumiShield?
LumiShield is a superior product line and service for the serious car owners. Our LumiShield Renew is a game changer in the used car industry. LumiShield Renew restores your old damaged paint by removing scratches, scuffs, oxidation, road rash and adding a brilliant shine with a shield of protection. This is a low-cost solution with a high-quality result! Whether your auto, boat, plane or RV is new, used, or damaged, LumiShield has a solution for you.
LS Fabric Coating
LS Crystal Coating
LS Window Coating
LS Magic Maintenance Spray
LS Paint Chip kit
LS Magic Wax
LS Headlight kit
LS Clay Mitt/Pads
LS Forever Black Tire
LumiShield Renew vs. the Auto Detailing Industry
LumiShield Pro is a superior product line and service for the serious car owner. Our LumiShield Renew clearcoat is a game changer in the used car industry. LumiShield Renew restores a luminous shine while removing scratches, scuffs, oxidation, and road rash. We bring the factory finish back with a low-cost solution and a high-quality result.
BILLION DOLLARS IN ANNUAL USED-CAR SALES
MILLION VEHICLES CHANGING HANDS PER YEAR
COMMON DETAILING PROBLEMS
HOW THE INDUSTRY IS CHANGING
Tracking history, statistics show a gradual increase in the average age of vehicles on the road: In 2015 the average age of vehicles on the road—11.5 years—breaks records. We are keeping vehicles longer and maintaining them better and with the many miles driven your vehicle is prone to sand scratches, rocks chips, and fading from the sun, compromising the exterior. LumiShield Renew is a game changer in the industry restoring 90% of the vehicles imperfections at an affordable price with a quality result.
- A high-speed buffer actually removes layers of a vehicle’s clear coat and can increase surface flaws and eliminate the depth and luster of the existing coat.
- Swirl marks and fading can reappear as polish and waxes are washed away by rain, car washing, or simply over time.
- Traditionally, detailing an extensively damaged vehicle takes hours or even days. Valuable time is spent on buffing the vehicle clearing up swirl marks, scratches and other imperfections.
- Deep scratches are difficult to remove from the clearcoat and by using traditional cut and polish methods, you run a risk of burning through the clearcoat.
LumiShield Renew Detailing System
- Swirl marks and other minor imperfections are repaired, not hidden with waxes and polishes. A new showroom finish has been added that is permanent and cannot be washed off.
- Restoring an entire vehicle takes about 2 hours. Materials and time are saved. There is minimal clean-up time. LumiShield Renew is the time and money saving solution!
- Deep scratches are filled and repaired rather than the traditional cut and polish . This essentially eliminates the risk of burning through the existing clearcoat.
- The old finish has been restored and protected—leaving the vehicle with a new showroom finish while keeping its original integrity!
HISTORY OF AUTO DETAILING
1800 – World’s first wax was developed out of animal fats in a German town called Bischofsheim to protect the lacquer like paint that was applied to horse carriages.
1886 – The first “production” vehicle was invented by Karl Benz. The auto-mobile was powered by petrol or gasoline. The company, now known as Mercedez Benz, was founded in 1889 by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Mayback.
1888 – Menzerna, a top selling company today, started developing a range of solid, liquid and paste polishing compounds.
1901 – Frank Meguiar, Jr. founded a small furniture polish laboratory and a plant in his garage. The company, now known as Meguiar’s, is a giant in the automobile detailing product industry today.
1910 – George Simons developed a cleaner and a carnauba wax product for car finishes. His company was named Simons Manufacturing Company and the products were named Simons Cleaner and Simons paste wax. In 1912, the company was renamed Simoniz and the auto detailing processwas known as “simonizing”. Their slogan was “Motorists Wise, Simoniz”.
1920 – In the early 1920s, 3M invented the world’s first waterproof sandpaper which reduced airborne dust during automobile manufacturing.
1925 – 3M revolutionized the automobile/auto detailing industry by inventing masking tape, which allowed paint shops to get a razor sharp line on two-tone paint jobs.
1944 – PlastoneTM auto polish is the first bottled car wax. This liquid auto polish was invented by Ben Hirsch. It was renamed Turtle Wax® for its hard shell finish.
1969 – The polymer sealant introduced by DuPont is the world’s first commercially available product of its kind.
1970 – By the 1970’s, Japan and Europe were using metallic based paints with a clear coat. This clear coat system produced outstanding hardness, gloss and long lasting color. The process was brought to USA but for the first 2-3 years, there was clear coat failure in many cars.
In the mid 1970s, the unique twin head orbital action polisher designed by Cyclo U.S.A for the aircraft industry was also found to be amazing at paint correction in automobiles.
1990s – Detailing clay, which was first used in Japan around the 1980s, was first introduced in the US in 1990.
Introduction of the water-based, oven dried, two-stage paint system happened in the 90s. This diversified the paint colors and perfected the clear coat system.
Microfibers were first publicized in the early 1990s in Sweden and saw success as a product in Europe over the course of the decade.
2000 – PPG Industries invented CeramiClear, a binary clear coat composition that eliminated paint degradation from causes such as acid rain, salt and UV radiation.
2007 – Clear paint sealants, which are nanotechnology polymer coatings, were invented.